Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2009, 08:58 AM   #1
CSMAnderson
Herf God

Arganese ML3

This cigar looks like a candy bar, nice and dark drown which makes you just want unwrap it and enjoy. I wasn't sure what to expect from this cigar due to it's 3 legro tobaccos. I have smoked some cigars touting their strength and found them to be over the top. Just strong for the sake of being strong. The Arganese was not this type of cigar thankfully. This box of cigars has been sitting in my humidor for about 5 months.

Prelight - The wrapper was the best looking maduro wrapper I have seen on a cigar in quite awhile, very oily. The prelight draw was a liitle tight, due to the solid construction. I noticed a deep coffee and chocolate flavor.

Burn and Ash - The burn was a liitle off and that could be because I didn't dry box it be smoking. Plus the humidity up here right now is between 80-85% outside which is where I smoked it. The ash was firm and black. I never had a problem and knocked off the ash every inch or so.

Enjoyment Factor - When I first lit this cigar up it immediately produce a nice flavor of cocoa and coffee. This flavor stay consistent until the midpoint when the coffee turn more to an expresso flavor. This cigar is complex but not overpowering at all. I was surprised at how smooth this cigar was, it never became harsh or bitter. I pushed some of the smoke through my nose as to see if I could pick up another flavor. This was a mistake as it burn and made my eyes water. Not a good idea with a heavy legro heavy cigar.

Impression - This is a full bodied yet smooth cigar. I have also tried the CAO LX2 and found the Arganese to be smoother and more refined. Both are good cihars I just liked this one more. If you are looking for a good full bodied, smooth and flavorful cigar give this one a try.
CSMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote