Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2011, 09:34 AM   #7
jazznut
Managing Editor Emeritus
Herf God

With over 8 months having passed since my intial encounter with this particular cigar, I felt it high time I revisited the Petit Robaina. Such an opportunity occurred this past weekend - on a sun-filled Saturday morning in the country, to be precise.

Overall, I would have to say that the Petit Robaina definitely benefitted from its evolution over the interim. For while the opening portion remained curiously mild (by VR standards, at least), the remainder of the session evidenced a much fuller flavour profile. This escalation in richness was especially pronounced from the mid point on, sensations of chocolate and coffee rising to the fore. As always, the smoothness of the mouth feel and the quality of construction were noteworthy.

I paired the cigar with morning pours of freshly brewed Java Estate coffee... lovely!