Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2009, 08:09 AM   #1
hockeymaniac
Herf Meister

My Visit to Planet Z Man or WTF am I Doing Here

Went this past week to visit my family in New Jersey and while I was there I hooked up with none other than Tommy Zmann. I know, I know his reputation as a douche bag precedes him and it is true. But I had a great time. We met at JR's in Whippany. My first visit there and I just about came in my pants. There is nothing like this place in the Austin area. They had to have someone follow me with a mop and bucket to mop up my drool as I wandered around the store. It was like falling into the catalog. After meeting some of the JR people we went to the bar and smoked a few cigars over some beers.

Next stop was a restaurant for a bourbon and cigar tasting. There was four different types of bourbon, Basil's, Knob Creek, Bookers and I forget the other. There were H.Uppman Reserve Maduro, RYJ Habana Reserve and Montecristo White to enjoy. All this for free. Needless to say it was a fine stop. The place had some good ribs also.

Next and final stop was back at the Metropolitan Cigar Society. What an incredible place. Pictures do not do this place justice. It is an amazing place that the members built by themselves. I also learned some of the events they put on for our boys in the military with cigar dinners etc. A great group of people there. Also a great discussion on who should be in the Planet Zman Cougar Hall of Fame on the web site. All and all it was a terrific night of cigars, bourbon, food and b.s. Thank you Mr. Zarzecki and all the people I met at the Metropolitan Cigar Society for a great time. For a bunch of Yankees they showed true Southern hospitality.

Such a long long time to be gone and a short time to be here

"No, I'm not a pessimist. At some point the world shits on everybody. Pretending it ain't shit makes you an idiot, not an optimist."

Last edited by hockeymaniac; 05-31-2009 at 01:46 PM.
hockeymaniac is offline   Reply With Quote