Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2003, 11:54 AM   #1
Deriffe
Herf Meister

Today's Smokes

Well, after busting butt empyting out the kitchen to prepare for the contractor next week, I grabbed a cooler with some Shiner Bocks on ice and a couple of sticks and headed for the back deck. First one to die was an Arturo Fuente Hemingway classic. I have to say I was extremely disappointed in this one. I picked it up at a local shop a few weeks ago and decided it had rested enough. The cut and prelight draw were excellent but there was no flavor in this one. I smoked it to the band and was never impressed with it. I couldn't get any flavor at all from it. At $10.50 a pop, I wasn't really happy. This is the very first AF cigar I've had that I did not find great.

I cleared the palat with a half bottle of Shiner Bock and fired up an Excalibur 1066 Dark Knight. This one saved the day for me so far. I have grown to expect this cigar to be a great smoke and I was not disappointed. Great light, great burn, great taste and aroma.

I have a Toraño Signature Robusto waiting on me. I'll light that one at half time of the Ram's / 49's game when I fire the BBQ grill up. This is my favorite line of Toraño and I can't seem to keep enough of them in my humi or igloo. For my money, I'll stick to buying more Dark Knights and Toraño's.

http://www.myspace.com/deriffe01
Deriffe is offline   Reply With Quote