Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2003, 07:31 AM   #1
Mad Dawg
Administrator
Herf Dog
Herf God

Mad Dawg reviews the Butthiba

I smoked the Butthiba that OnePyroTec sent me this morning. I had rested it in a 65% humidor for a week to get it ready, and man, was it ready! My tasting notes:

Butthiba (4.75x48)

Wrapper: slightly mottled maduro, a few veins.

Construction: Slightly uneven diameter, more wrinkles than a litter of shar-pei puppies! Firm, no soft spots.

Pre-light: Clipped easily and cleanly. Draw very nice, flavors slightly spicy with hints of cocoa and pepper.

Light and burn: Lit easily and stayed lit. Burn was almost perfectly straight throughout, required NO touch-up. Mottled ash with slight flaking, held almost to mid-point before dropping off. Draw was excellent throughout – effortlessly produced dense volumes of mouth-filling smoke.

Flavors: First draws slightly floral, almost perfumey. Quickly settled down to spicy notes of pepper and leather, with faint cocoa and cedar notes. Flavors very clean and pleasant, stayed fairly consistent throughout. Medium body, yet fairly potent, especially that early in the morning. Refreshed easily. Flavor profile similar to a Helix maduro, but…more: more forward, more complex, more oomph! Nubbed it. Excellent finish: clean and lingering.

Overall: VERY nice cigar! I liked it more than most domestics I’ve smoked. Would probably go over well with people who like Torano Exodus or ITSF. Flavors rate upper 80’s, construction the only real flaw. It’s never going to win any beauty contests, but this cigar is a real winner in the draw, burn, and flavor departments. Highly recommended.

Wayne, thank you for entrusting me with one of these babies. If you ever decide to market them outright, I would be interested in picking up a few. With some age on them, I bet they would be fantastic!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That which does not kill me....has made a grave tactical error.
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote