Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2017, 05:53 PM   #1
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Ramon Bueso Cigars

I went over to my neighbor's to smoke yesterday and as I walk up he hands an impossibly long cigar. I mean crazy long! I'm mostly into toro size and below although I do enjoy the occasional Churchill.
So he explains it's a Ramon Bueso and he got some kind of deal somewhere and paid a buck apiece for 6 of them. My expectations at that point were low.
The cigar had a band/wrapper that covered 3/4 of the cigar so I really couldn't see what was what. So I headed for the porch and a seat to check it out.
Pulling the band/wrapper off I revealed what I now know is a 8.7 inch x 47 Ramon Bueso Olancho Vintage in the Presidente shape. The foot had an intense earthy odor. Seemed kind of fresco to me. But in a good way. The wrapper was smooth, dark and oily. Really nice. So I clipped it and fired it up. Not a lot of nuance in this cigar. But it has a nice flavor and is pretty strong. Sometimes I like strong. There was a little tunneling at about the halfway point. But once I got past the chunk that was causing that it smoked fine the rest of the way. I wonder if a little age might take care of that.
After finishing I was done for sure. But if offered another I'd smoke it. At about $6.50 these seem reasonably priced.
Anybody else have experience with these?
xrundog is offline   Reply With Quote