Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2009, 05:55 PM   #1
Herfin Bigdog
Herf Meister

Help A Wounded War Fighter

Mod's,

Please move to a more appropriate forum if this is not the right place for this request.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you ever wanted to send some cigars to the service personnel that are in Iraq or Afghanistan, but did not have the contacts to do so? Would you like to help a wounded warrior that is in field hospital in Southern Afghanistan?

Herfin One keeps in touch with an former boss that we met while working at National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, MD. LCDR Gregg Gellman was at NNMC for about 2 years. He is now serving a tour of duty at Camp Bastion Field Hospital, a British Tri-Service Medical Treatment Facility in the Helmand Territory in Southern Afghanistan. He is the Director for Administration. He asked that anyone wishing to send cigars to the field hospital can do so to the address below.

LCDR Gregg Gellman
US NAVY
BASTION HOSPITAL
FPO AE 09372

I asked if there was anything else besides cigars the wounded combatants might like. LCDR Gellman responded, "...any spicy peanuts/pistachios or sunflower seeds in a shell are welcome. As are gumballs and drink mix...especially individual packages."

I found a few URLs for Camp Bastion Field Hospital if you would like to find out a little bit more about it.
http://www.qaranc.co.uk/afghanistan.php

You Tube video about Camp Bastion Field Hospital:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5pNjoquhh4

If you would like to help out, I know that LCDR Gellman, a fellow BOTL, would really appreciate being able to bring a little joy to the men and women that pass through Camp Bastion by providing them some goodies that they might not have seen for a while.

Thank You on behalf of LCDR Gellman.

To me, a cigar is more than a good smoke; it is a way of life. I love them! And it killed George Burns at 100, so don't give me any crap about health! -- Bert Sugar, Sports Writer

Last edited by Herfin Bigdog; 10-26-2009 at 05:58 PM.
Herfin Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote