Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2007, 07:24 AM   #1
gregsky

Sancho Panza Extra Furte - Cordoba

-Background: Ive been trying to improve my writing for quite some time (Im an engineering student) and I figured a good way to do this is to start writing cigar reviews. I did the Macanudo review as well as Debaires blind review and had fun doing it, and made smoking a little bit more enjoyable. Im open to suggestions on the review or what you thought of this particular cigar, thanks for reading!

Review:
The cigar Im reviewing is the Sancho Panza Extra Furete in the Cordoba size (5.24x44).
Presmoke:
This cigar had a square box press that felt good in the hand. The wrapper was darker brown and slightly motled in color with medium sized veins. It had a light barnyard smell before lighting. The cut was clean, and a prelight draw yielded a musty tobacco flavor with just a little bit of spice.

Smoke:
The inital taste was of charred pepper, not great but not unpleasant. The smell reminded me of a woodburner, one thats used to heat a house in the winter. The charry taste soon warn off (I think it was my fault lighting it) and was replaced with a sweet wood/cedary flavor with a hint of pepper. The was the predominant flavor for the rest of the smoke, although for the last quarter or so more of a toasty wood flavor came out.

Overall:
I really enjoyed this cigar, smoked it to the nub. It had an even burn the entire time with a stiff light grey ash, and produced a good volume of smoke. It was not overly complex, but I couldnt call this a one-dimensional cigar, I like all of the flavors it produced.

Score (arbitrarily decided): 6.9 - very good
gregsky is offline   Reply With Quote