Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2002, 12:38 PM   #1
JGIORD
Club Member

WEll I finally received my LLNF sampler pack and being the impatient SOB that I am, I immediately grab the little Colada Fina (4x40) and torched it up.

First, the appearance of these smokes are outstanding. The wrapper is a nice solid natural color, not the yellowish fragile CS wrappers I have seen. This cigar's wrapper has an almost cuban like color, without the water spots. And to top it off ITS ROUND! [Halleua!] I love a round cigar.

Construction and burn are typical LaLuna and top notch. Hats off to Gael and Mr. Torano for making consistently rolled cigars of top quality. Draw and smoke volume are perfect, this little guy produced a ton of smoke and burned razor straight the whole time.

Overall flavor is a woody\peppery taste with a nice crisp finish. As FredJ pointed out, there are definite similarities to the El Rico Habano, but I found the LL smoother and not quite as peppery, which is a plus to me. This cigar is a med-full bodied, med strength smoke. Finally, a naturally wrapped cigar with some balls, but not too strong or peppery that anyone other than a hardcore fanatic could tolerate it. I didn't pick up a ton of complexity but I did really enjoy this cigar. I was also outside working at the time, so I didn't pay too much attention.

The aroma is nice with a touch of spice and it produced a solid med grey ash.

Overall I will go out on a limb and state that this is one of the best, if not the best, naturally wrapped cigar I have smoked. The flavor\strength mix is perfect for me. Its like Gael made a cigar just for me

I will give more impessions as I smoke the other sizes and let them rest a bit but I am thoroughly impressed with these guys and plan on keeping them in my rotation.

On a side note, the sampler also included a couple of the new LLMF Climax. These are a big fat corona gorda, fatter than I normally like, but I did note that the wrapper looks more like the LLMFs of old. Its an almost sungrown maduro in appearance and looks very appetizing! Review to follow soon.