Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2015, 03:11 PM   #1
Mad Dawg
Administrator
Herf Dog
Herf God

Gurkha: When I'm wrong, I'm wrong

My disdain for the Gurkha brand is no secret, but I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong.

East India Co. Classic Cigar Havana Blend toro. Not a Gurkha, you say? It's a Kaizad Hansotia brand, and the few places that carry it refer to it as a "Gurkha Classic etc.". No big deal, because this is a damn fine smoke! One hitchhiked along in a sampler I bought from trigger14. I needed something to smoke while mowing the lawn, so I figured what the hell, smoke it.

I wasn't expecting much, but boy howdy was I surprised. First draws to last, a great cigar. Classic quality Nicaraguan tobacco richness and complexity, easily held my interest for an hour plus. Its only fault was a bit of a loose draw, but it burned evenly with no touch-ups needed. If the price point was just a wee bit better...or if they made it in a corona...I'd find a way to lay in a box.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That which does not kill me....has made a grave tactical error.
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote