Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2005, 04:11 PM   #1
bigPDAgeek

tasting observations (had a cigar)

Since my foray into pipes, I haven't smoked a cigar. I figure it's only been about a month or so since I had one. I went down to Solomon's Island on Sunday for Waterfest 2005. We tailgated before watching Montgomery Gentry perform.

I brought some cigars with me, because I'm still a little self concience about smoking a pipe in public. Just a newbie thing I guess. Anywho, firing up that cigar I experienced flavors that I just haven't experienced in a cigar before. It was just a little FDAA #5 and I've smoked a couple of boxes of 'em before and not gotten the flavors I got out of that little sucker. Sure it had some age on it, but most of my smokes do 'cause I just don't smoke that often.

I'm guessing either I'm just smoking the cigar slower and getting more flavor out of it because of my "pipe training," or I've expanded my palate by smoking the pipe for the past month and my palate was just open to experience "new flavors."

Anyone else experience this phenomenon?? Any other theories as to why that cigar blew my skirt up?