Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2003, 05:12 PM   #1
Puyo
Starting Member

Bahia Gold White Label

I received a sample of the White Label cigar from tenAday over at Bahia.

The cigar is a beautifully box-pressed Churchill with deep brown wrapper that felt velvety to the touch. The construction was excellent with even fill throughout.

The initial impression was that of distinct spiciness, reminicent of a PSD4 I had while strolling La Rambla in Barcelona. After the first half inch or so, the other flavors started developing, and the sharpness of the spice become more subdued unlike the sharp spicy twang of the PSD4. The blend was complex with abundant leather and earth and hint of cocoa. The smoke volume is very full, combining with its strength, giving it a substantial body neither harsh nor overpowering. The burn was good, requiring one small torching about half way. Ash was tight and white-gray holding about 1.5".

I had originally wanted to give it some nap time in the 'dor, but it practically jumped out of the humidor and attacked me after spending only one day in it. It was a very good smoke that might develop more subtleties with some rest. I'll definitely try to get a few more for the humidor.
Puyo is offline   Reply With Quote