Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2006, 10:42 AM   #1
sd_smoker
Club Member

Miles Davis recommendations?

I had heard "Kind Of Blue" a few years ago and thought it was okay, but it didn't really grab me. For some odd reason I was compelled to give it another listen a few days ago and it was a whole different experience. I really enjoyed it. So, I realize that Miles has a HUGE range of different styles throughout the years and I'm hoping someone can make some recommendations on other albums I might like. I sampled a few albums and I can tell you that I much prefer the mellow stuff like KOB (think quiet room with a good cigar and a scotch) as opposed to the real high energy swing-type of sound and I really don't care for the more experimental fusion-type stuff. A little too "out there" for me at this point. TIA!
"Personal charisma is a force that undermines institutions as often as it sustains them. Political institutions need the more reliable buttresses of tradition and duty. Mass emotionalism and celebrity-worship are hostile to any constitutional system."
sd_smoker is offline   Reply With Quote