Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2017, 02:53 PM   #1
jefslat
CW WarCraft God
CW Special Correspondent
Editor at Large
Predominant CW Ambassador
Herf God

Asylum 13 Lancero

Taking the yellowing cellophane off, I notice how smooth the maduro wrapper is. I detect vanilla notes from the foot and the wrapper. The cigar has a firm bunch with a tight pigtail at the head. The cold draw is just a bit on the firm side of perfect.

The draw opens up nicely upon lighting. The cigar is producing plentiful smoke. I taste cedar and vanilla notes. The burn is even and the ash is light grey and looks fairly solid. The construction looks great so far.

The first third brings a light bitterness along with one tight spot that smoked out. There is also some buildup at the head that I might try to trim off. The ash taps off easily but stays solid in the ashtray. The burn continues to be even. Trimming the head works perfectly and opens up the draw and moderates the bitterness.

During the second third the bitterness is all but gone with the cedar and vanilla notes coming back and some light white pepper notes in the retrohale. The cigar continues to burn even and the ash remains solid after a stem split passed. The draw is perfect.

Approaching the final inch the flavors remain solid. A nice complexity of vanilla, cedar and white pepper. One more stem split in the ash. The construction is good throughout. A full flavor, full bodied smoke that earns 8/10. Joe Bob says check it out.

El perro, el perro, es mi corazon.
El gato, el gato, el gato no es bueno.
El Jefe es cantante,
El Jefe es muy famoso
El Jefe es el hombre con el queso del diablo.

El perro, el perro, nunca sin raison
El gato, el gato, el gato es obseno
El Jefe es caliente, El Jefe es carinoso
El Jefe le da besos mejor que su esposo

What Would TOJE Do? Þ £
jefslat is offline   Reply With Quote