Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2015, 04:21 PM   #1
bigw
Club Member

Thumbs up IPCPR Review--Head Hunter

This 56 x 6.5 torpedo comes with both a traditional band as well as a narrow band at the foot marked "Full bodied"

Prelight,,wrapper was medium brown in color, a few veins and one or two splotches. Firm to the touch, no soft spots, and I got a deep earthy tobacco smell.

Cold draw was the same with a hint of leather.

First third, I clipped it on an angle with my Xikar to allow for max air flow. It lit easily and produced a light amount of smoke. So far it's a medium. Tasting earth and a little pepper bite on the back end. Ash is white and tight and the burn is spot on.

Halfway--This thing has ramped up in power a little bit..Getting a big hit of pepper on the back of my throat, smoke volume and density have increased. A little grassy note in addition to the earthiness on the back end. Ash still white tight and holding on.

Final third,flicked the ash past halfway as not to wear it. Now becoming full boded with massive pepper on the throat. Still burning nice. Getting some charring notes
Prelight 8,,light 9,,construction 10, flavor 9,,power 8....8.8 total..would smoke again