Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:41 AM   #1
CSMAnderson
Herf God

GTO Pain Killer

To start, this is a very good cigar.

Prelight - The wrapper is a dark brown with no veins visible. The prelight draw gave a nice tobacco flavor with a hint of coffee. This was the toro size GTO.

Ash & Burn - The ash was a gray and black color and held on to the cigar very well. I let it go as far as I could to see how far it would burn before falling off. It made it to the 1 1/2 inch mark. Burn was great razor sharp, never needed a touch up.

The Cigar - This cigar started off with a real ummph. Strong but refined tobacco flavor, and a hint of spice that coated my tongue. As the cigar progressed I picked up some charcoal flavor (which I really liked) some expresso. I later tasted a chocolate also. Very enjoyable. Towards the end the charcoal taste returned along with more spice. I enjoyed this cigar so much I needed a tooth pick to hold it so I could finish it off.

Conclusion - This is a full bodied smoke but never harsh. The flavor profile is different from any cigar I have tried before. I am now really happy I went in on the box split on the GTO Pain Killer cigars. I know this will not be my last purchase of these cigars.
CSMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 03:42 PM   #2
mike s
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Thanks for posting your thoughts! Sounds like a winner....
mike s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 05:49 PM   #3
jgbutler
Herf Meister

Very interesting sounding cigar. Mine from the split are still resting. As soon as I get past this head cold/allergies I have had since Sunday, I believe this will be the first cigar I spark up.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:57 PM   #4
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

I had one this evening. I'm going to reserve judgment at this time. It wasn't bad, but I think they need to rest a little longer. It started off very well, but then it started to burn a little unevenly. It straightened out with a little help of my torch lighter and stayed even through the end. But it got a little bitter at the end. Again, I'm going to hold off on any conclusions at this point.

If people can tell me where to smoke, I can tell them where to go, too.
Rob G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 12:13 PM   #5
SmoKerch
Herf God

Sounds great, thanks for the review!

The Great State of Confusion

Just because I may be paranoid, it doesn't mean there aren't people out there trying to get me.

Visit us on The Facebook: Kercheval Bros. Procrastination Consultants !

Galatians 5:24 - NLT
SmoKerch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 02:51 PM   #6
jgbutler
Herf Meister

I finally got around to smoking the first of mine that was from the box split. I would definitely say that I would have to agree with your review of the cigar.

Very nice looking well constructed cigar. Clipped clean and revealed a nice looking bunch that had a woody tobacco smell. Burn and draw were perfect and produced big volumes of smoke which I really like in cigars. It did have some strength to it from the very beginning making me wonder how the cigar was going to progress. It was really kind of strange as the power would seem to fall for a bit and then return. It was like that through the entire cigar.

It started with a with a nice tobacco flavor with just a hint of some spice. Later a nice espresso and bittersweet dark chocolate flavor came through with a hint of maduro sweetness added. Kind of reminded me of some nice chocolate covered dark roasted coffee beans. It would then get back to a more straight forward tobacco/wood/slight hay flavor. The flavors throughout the cigar seemed to go back and forth as did the power.

The cigar never got overpowering or harsh. I would call it a solid med to full strength cigar and very full bodied. A very enjoyable and intriguing cigar. I would also say that I don't remember ever having a cigar quite like this one.

I would most certainly buy more and will!
Old 10-03-2015, 06:09 PM   #7
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

^ Nice review. Makes me want to try one again.

Old 10-03-2015, 06:25 PM   #8
jgbutler
Herf Meister

I'm impressed with this cigar Rob. It had a very unique type of complexity to it. If the others are as good as the first one, I'll will be buying some more of them.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:41 AM   #9
bsslack
Herf Meister

Short but Sweet!

Here's a quick review on a Great Cigar! Thank you Mr. Anderson! (add Smith's voice from the Matrix)

GTO- Painkiller! Go get it!

Cheers!

Do not Hold Your Heart's True Words, until they can only fall upon the saddened ears and broken hearts, already filled with the loudness of grief. -unk

...Quick to Judgement...Quick to Anger and Slow To Understand... -Rush (it was true then and it's still applies today.)

Remember EVERY American Soldier Past and Present.-You -Me -Everybody
bsslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:47 AM   #10
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsslack View Post
Thank you Mr. Anderson! (add Smith's voice from the Matrix)