Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2002, 04:09 PM   #1
solomr2
Herf Meister

A few months ago someone gifted me a couple of tubed coronas, which I found sitting in the back of my humi with the caps off yesterday. Since they were tubed I took them with me to the Dolphins game yesterday (Fins 30, Chargers 3) for a post game celebration, knowing that getting out of the stadium parking lot takes forever. I gave one to my friend and I smoked the other.

Pre-light these smokes had a roughly applied medium brown wrapper, with some creases and a slightly rough cap. They were firm, no soft spots, but one of them I had to clip a little deeper due to a crappy roll under the cap. Draw was reasonably good, though a tad tighter than I prefer.

Burn was even without any problems throughout the entire cigar. The ash was a slightly flaky medium gray, and it only held on for abouth 1 inch before dropping into my lap

Flavor was pretty good, no bitterness, no harshness. It was actually better than I expected. There was a strong cedary overtone, and hints of wood and earth, with a pleasant tobacco taste. Body was medium, if not slightly on the mild side.

Overall it was an enjoyable cigar that I think I would smoke again, although I don't think I would put them in my regular rotation. I don't know what these are worth, but if they can be found for under $5 I would recommend trying them.