Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2002, 09:34 AM   #1
dwhale69

This is a blind review on the first of four cigars sent to me by sevenmag.

Labeled #2 - Box-pressed churchill with a great pre-light aroma of co-co. Maduro in color with some large veining, smooth texture and a decent cap. Clipped with no problems and lit this one up after breakfast with fresh ground coffee.

Initial flavor was a combination of sweetness and creaminess, with some spicy undertones; medium body with a slightly tight draw. There was some good tobacco flavor with chocolate/nutty tones.

The burn was decent, requiring only minor touch-up's. Smoke volume was fair with a fairly firm gray ash.

The second half of this cigar was the best part, though. The burn quality improved, the draw loosened, the flavors blended together and intensified, and down to the end it never got hot or bitter.

This was a great mid-morning smoke that I would recommend.

Rating -- B+ (89)

If I were to make a guess as to what this cigar was, I would say it is closest in profile to a Mayorga Nattie Churchill (the maduros are much darker, and a bit creamier).

So... what is it?
dwhale69 is offline   Reply With Quote