Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2018, 11:37 AM   #1
kevie49

UK Supermarket Cigars: Review 5 - Panama Slim

The Panama Slim cigars are widely available in the UK with the majority of Supermarkets along with independent shops keeping them in stock. I purchased these at a local petrol station for £5.20, working out about 86p a cigar.

These small cigars are a short 4" with a ring gauge between 20-22. They are marketed as slims and are sold in packs of six rather than the usual five. It was wrapped in a nice maroon wrapper with a gold label. It was certainly nicely presented. For comparison on size here is the Panama Slim at the bottom, with a Coronet, Half Corona and a Robusto.

Upon lighting the taste is lightly spiced and woody with a very creamy mouth-feel. The spice got gradually a little stronger throughout the smoke, but certainly not anything like full bodied. I'd say medium, as it has considerably more tastes than the likes of a hamlet panatella. Although it became a little spicier throughout the smoke, at no point did it become bitter. The burn was very consistent for a small cigar, but the ash didn't hold well and had to be flicked off constantly.

One thing is that this is definitely intended to be smoked quickly. I answered a couple of tweets whilst smoking this and had to relight the cigar after each. It seems that resting the cigar on the ashtray at all causes it to extinguish.

The full smoke time was 13 minutes. Overall a very pleasant, quick smoke, I was rather surprised by this very slim cigar.

So far in my trial of Supermarket cigars this is the one I would recommend of the smaller sized cigars.
kevie49 is offline   Reply With Quote