Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2013, 06:28 AM   #1
spiridon
Herf God

Iconic Leaf Recluse Draconian

This is a cigar that I picked up while in Tampa while attending CigarFest last week. While there I tried making sure I picked up cigars that I had never tried or could not get back home from my local shop.
This was a very attractive box pressed cigar, dark wrapper with a somewhat oily finish. The presentation was nice as well with a double band at the head and a red cloth band at the foot. I'm not exactly sure of the size....I would classify it as a Toro, and it's shape was similar to the LFD Chisel with a tapered head. I had been looking forward to trying this, so while I was in heavy smoking mode during the football game, I decided to light 'er up!
First impression was good. Not an overdose of spice, but a nice somewhat heavy chocolaty/coffee flavor. Nice firm, but easy draw to this cigar, and it produces a good amount of smoke. As I got more into this cigar it maintained a medium/full profile in both strength and flavor........with a nice "creamy/heaviness" while rolling across the palate, in addition to a nice aroma throughout. The burn on this has been razor sharp with nary a touch-up required the entire time. A fairly complex smoke, with the flavor and strength changing a little here and there with maybe hints of vanilla bean thrown in from time to time...but never straying too far from it's original profile.
I am a fan of cigars with a lot of pepper or spiciness, I would not consider this cigar to have a lot of either......BUT it does have a rich flavor of cocoa and sort of an espresso thing going on, so for me it was a very nice change of pace, a cigar that I would very much enjoy from time to time. I'd give this one 3 1/2 stars out of 5.