Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #1
bsk
Club Member

La Escepcion Series III 2002

La Escepcion Series III 2002

I was digging around in one of my coolers today and came up with this cigar. I don't know how I obtained it and was not in cellophane. The size was basically a Toro.

The wrapper was a deep brown EMS with a couple good size veins. The very edges of the wrapper leaf were actually black. Overall a real good looking and well rolled cigar. The feel was solid. The prelight aroma was all barnyard. Clipping found an open draw with naturally sweet tobacco flavor.

The cigar lit easily and produced good volumes of smoke. The burn was near perfect straight. The flavor was an earthy and spicy rich tobacco character. The cigar was bold but not overpowering strong. Just robust and full flavored. Burned it down to about 1" or less left, when it did begin to develop some harshness, so I pitched it.

What struck me about this cigar was that even at 10+ years of age, it was still lively and youthful. I would have to say it certainly was yet to reach its prime! I don't know if I have anymore of them buried away, but I sure hope so. And I would give them another 5 years before lighting up.

Bottom line is this was a cigar made with high quality tobacco and constructed by skilled craftpersons.
bsk is offline   Reply With Quote