Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2007, 04:14 PM   #4
Oregone
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by madal
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazznut
Haven't tried this one yet, Alan. A couple of quotes from a couple of seasoned Scotch imbibers are on record, however...

Michael Jackson states, "Refreshing and light-hearted. Almost too playful to take seriously."
(This was obviously after more than a single pour. )

And from Jim Murray, "Really outstanding example of massively complex, classy but undiscovered malt."

At the very least, it looks as though you're in for a decent dram.
If you decide to visit Boston, I'd be happy to remedy that Doug!
Or if you come to Portland.

I have to say that, having used Murray's "bible" to compare his reaction and mine to a variety of ryes, bourbons, single malts, Irish whiskeys, blends and vatted malts: he's frickin' nuts. He can go absolutely batty about the complexity and depth of something that I find decent but not remarkable.

Aberfeldy is a good example. Not that it isn't a pleasant dram, but "massively complex"? What a hoot.

-- Mark Twain
Oregone is offline   Reply With Quote