Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 11-04-2017, 05:25 PM   #1
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Ordered a few 5-packs

I was noodling around looking at Saka's cigars and ran across the RoMa Craft Cromagnon series. They read like something I'd like. And a couple versions were in a cool perfecto shape, so I snagged some 5 packs. The Mode 5 and Anthropology.
Oh yeah, I was looking at Saka's cigars. I also snagged a fiver of Mi Querida Fino Largo. Good smoking ahead! I hope.

I smoked a Sobremesa Petite Corona last week. I found something about the taste cloying. Perfumy even. Didn't care for it.
xrundog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 05:45 PM   #2
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

enjoy!

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 06:29 PM   #3
ak2000
Charter Member
Herf God

I like the Mi Querida Fino Largo, tasty full bodied cigar. I have yet to have a Roma Craft cigar that I've really liked, but others rave about them. Hope you enjoy!
JLOH #19
ak2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 04:42 PM   #4
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak2000 View Post
I like the Mi Querida Fino Largo, tasty full bodied cigar.
I posted a review of that cigar. The short version is: I agree with you.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:02 AM   #5
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrundog View Post
I was noodling around looking at Saka's cigars and ran across the RoMa Craft Cromagnon series. They read like something I'd like. And a couple versions were in a cool perfecto shape, so I snagged some 5 packs. The Mode 5 and Anthropology.
Oh yeah, I was looking at Saka's cigars. I also snagged a fiver of Mi Querida Fino Largo. Good smoking ahead! I hope.

I smoked a Sobremesa Petite Corona last week. I found something about the taste cloying. Perfumy even. Didn't care for it.
I notice the same thing about the Sobremesa. Now, I still like them, don't get me wrong, but I prefer the Mi Querida. Steve has even said, if you like one, you'll dislike the other. I'm not that divided, but hand me one of each, and I'd prefer the Mi Querida.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:30 AM   #6
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

My cigars arrived today. As is my habit lately, I decided to smoke one right off the truck. I picked a 5.75 x 46 Roma Craft Cromagnon Anthropology. The band had the word "Aquitane" on it with a symbol of some sort. There is way too much effort put into the naming of these cigars.
That said, These cigars are firm cylinders with a sexy broadleaf wrapper. I'm smoking outside these days and it's in the low 30s. I decided to saunter through the woods with my dog and smoke this cigar. I was using small wooden matches and had a hard time getting it lit. The foot was maybe 2/3 lit and I puffed manfully. It evened out and It gave me a nice straight burn with a tight ash. I am finding that these days cigar construction is really important to me. I'd rather have a well made Nicaraguan that burns well than a Cuban that burns badly and gets mushy.
It took a bit for the flavor to open up, but it did and I was reminded of the Sobremesa I smoked a while back. It has a similar perfumy sweetness. I was enjoying this cigar.
At 2/3 in I hit a knot or something and the draw tightened and the cigar was trying to go out. I kept puffing expecting it to get bitter. But it never did. The conditions were less than optimal, so to be fair I want to give this cigar another chance. I'll do a proper review of this cigar after the other 4 have sat in my humidor for a while. I think the next one will probably be a lot better.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:45 AM   #7
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrundog View Post
My cigars arrived today. As is my habit lately, I decided to smoke one right off the truck. I picked a 5.75 x 46 Roma Craft Cromagnon Anthropology. The band had the word "Aquitane" on it with a symbol of some sort. There is way too much effort put into the naming of these cigars.
That said, These cigars are firm cylinders with a sexy broadleaf wrapper. I'm smoking outside these days and it's in the low 30s. I decided to saunter through the woods with my dog and smoke this cigar. I was using small wooden matches and had a hard time getting it lit. The foot was maybe 2/3 lit and I puffed manfully. It evened out and It gave me a nice straight burn with a tight ash. I am finding that these days cigar construction is really important to me. I'd rather have a well made Nicaraguan that burns well than a Cuban that burns badly and gets mushy.
It took a bit for the flavor to open up, but it did and I was reminded of the Sobremesa I smoked a while back. It has a similar perfumy sweetness. I was enjoying this cigar.
At 2/3 in I hit a knot or something and the draw tightened and the cigar was trying to go out. I kept puffing expecting it to get bitter. But it never did. The conditions were less than optimal, so to be fair I want to give this cigar another chance. I'll do a proper review of this cigar after the other 4 have sat in my humidor for a while. I think the next one will probably be a lot better.
Excellent work.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:09 PM   #8
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

I smoked the Perfecto version of the Cromagnon, the Mode 5, earlier in the week. The flavor was good, but I don't like the shape as much as I thought I would. I've figured out that I prefer the rounded end to the pointier one. Don't care much for figurados either.
Damn nice looking, well made cigar though. And pretty tasty.