Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2002, 10:12 PM   #1
Lang Daddy
Club Member

Newbie as you will see. I understand through reading that there is only one true Cohiba. And that the "Red Dot" is the only true Cohiba in the states (correct me if I'm wrong). I've seen the pics of counterfeit Cohiba bands, mostly yellow bands. I've also discovered in various smoke shops the Cohiba yellow band "Dominica Republica" and they all match the counterfeit description. Now I asked the people working at the stores what the deal is and they all get defensive and go into some story about how the cigar is a Cohiba and "well of course it's not Cuban", of course. They all claim the cigar is a Cohiba.
My brother inlaw recently asked an owner of a smoke shop basically the same thing. He said that those are counterfeit and he would never even sell them. He said most people just want the name and aren't educated enough to know better. The guy also brought a box out from the back and asked my brother inlaw if those were what he was talking about. When someone (like the shop owner is was talking about) comes into his shop and says "Well I can get a better price on xxx at yyy" he says "yeah but will xxx give you a free Cohiba?". Thought that was funny.
Anyways, any comments or feelings?
Lang Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote