Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2005, 04:58 PM   #1
tborren

Free pipe tobacco

I wanted to give you guys a heads up about this.
Quote:
I haven't seen anyone post about this; I just thought that I would mention it. About 2-3 months ago I signed up for pipeshowonline at the Mac Baren website. There is a link for www.pipeshowonline.com. I registered and received a confirmation e-mail and that was the last I heard about it. A few days ago I woke up and went to the kitchen to get a glass of water and my wife asked me if I had ordered anything, because UPS had just delivered a box addressed to me. I was not expecting a delivery, so I picked up the box and the return address was Altadis Tobacco Co. I opened the box and inside was a large plastic bag secured at the top with a twist tie. The large clear plastic bag contained approximately 20 1.5 ounce pouches of various pipe tobaccos. They all appear to be aromatics of one variety or another, but they were free. Enclosed was a letter thanking me for registering at the website and saying that the free samples were my gift for registering. The letter also said to notify them if I wanted to NOT receive more free samples in the future, which I took to mean that more free samples would be forthcoming. I am not associated with these groups or companies in any way, I just wanted to make the group here aware and see if anyone else had received a similar package.

LtMac
I have copied this from another pipe board, if that is a problem forgive me but this works. I got my box today. I'm at work now but I called home and my wife opened the box and confirmed it was the tobacco she also said that it smelled great. So tonight when I get home I get to play.
tborren is offline   Reply With Quote