Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Old 04-16-2002, 11:18 PM   #1
unklebill
Club Member

This cigar was donated by Jojoscigars and scored 3.5 Stars with an average of 33 (31,26,27,35,42).
The scores ranged from 26 – 46, but despite the differences in scores, the reviewers all seemed to appreciate this cigar as a fine milder cigar. It contained enough complexity to keep some entertained but not others.
Defining comments:
“did not offer enough to keep me entertained.”
“gently spicy and very aromatic with fleeting hints of other flavors”
“mild with some pleasantly complex flavors”
“good but did not have me coming back for more”

Here are the full reviews:

Member: Unklebill
Const:3
Burn:4
Draw:5
Aroma:4
Flavor:5
Taste:5
Overall:5
Total:31
PreSmoke: 'This toro had an rough, papery looking light brown wrapper when I received it, which kept my expectations low. But, after a month in the humi it had taken on an oily sheen, which improved its looks substantially. The clip, draw and burn were perfect '
Smoke: 'This cigar started off pretty slow with a straightforward tobacco taste. After a couple of inched the flavor picked up to add a bit of anise flavor that was pleasant but never developed much. '
Summary: 'I had pretty low expectations based on appearance and this one lived up to its billing. I would say this was an excellent beginner cigar as it was never offensive, but did not offer enough to keep me entertained. '

Member: Eduardo
Const:4
Draw:2
Aroma:3
Flavor:4
Taste:5
Overall:4
Total:26
PreSmoke: 'This is the last cigar to taste of the five. The wrapper is a medium brown color with very fine veining. Has a nicely applied cap which cut easily. Pre-smoke draw was on the tight side. The cigar had a very mild aroma.'
Smoke: 'The tight draw became more evident when lit. It burned very even with a flakey white ash. The flavor in the first third was very mild. About halfway through it seemed to pick up a little more flavor.'
Summary: 'I gave this cigar a 26 overall score. The cigar looked very nice and burned straight all the way down to about an inch and a half. The only big problem was the tight draw. Other than that it was a mild smoke.'

Member: Grinnin
Const:3
Burn:3
Draw:5
Aroma:5
Flavor:9
Taste:9
Overall:8
Total:42
PreSmoke: '6x 46 gran corona. Mediocre appearance, with bumpy construction and a splotchy light-med EMS color wrapper with some tooth. This cigar arrived with a damaged wrapper which I repaired with some pectin. Large well applied cap. Very nice sweetgrass type smell before lighting. Perfect draw, and left a white ash from the wrapper, but a pretty dark grey interior from the filler. Lopsided burn requried several minor corrections with the lighter.'
Smoke: 'The mediocre appearance belied the remarkable flavor of this cigar. Starting mild but full of flavor and building to a medium strength , this cigar had a nice cameroon type flavor, gently spicy and very aromatic with fleeting hints of other flavors including light coffee and citrus. Long finish. The aftertaste started bitter, but built nicely into the sensation of an aromatic, warm, spicy sometimes citrusy single malt scotch.'
Summary: 'Despite construction flaws and a fragile wrapper, this cigar was packed with great flavor. I’d recommend his cigar to anyone who
appreciates a good Cameroon type smoke'

Member: Emind56
Draw:4
Flavor:7
Taste:6
Overall:7
Total:35
PreSmoke: 'This was a well constructed smoke with a medium firm bunch and a nice oly wrapper, with only small veining. The burn was almost perfect throughout and the draw was near perfect.'
Smoke: 'This cigar started mild with some pleasantly complex flavors. Kind of a nice honeyed earthiness which developed into a very rich buttery quality with hints of red wine. The strength never really picked up, which left me at the end wanting to light another smoke.'
Summary: 'Overall this was an above average smoke. I was more impressed with the construction than I was with the flavors. I usually prefer medium to full bodied (strength) smokes and was a little let down by this samples lack of power. Overall I would say that this is a nice morning smoke, and I would not object to smoking it again.'

Member: Jojoscigars
Draw:3
Flavor:5
Taste:4
Overall:4
Total:27
PreSmoke: 'well made not that many vains.nice rapper'
Smoke: 'burnt good . lots of smoke .ok flavor .lite draw. soft cigar '
Summary: 'this cigar did not do it for me .it was good .but did not have me coming back for more .could of walked avy at anytime .'

Thanks to all the reviewers!!!!

JoJo, Let us know what it was.

BILL

"Lars: The Joe Camel of cigars"

Edited by - unklebill on 04/17/2002 4:00:30 PM
Old 04-17-2002, 06:30 AM   #2
eduardo
Club Member

What is it jojo?
Old 04-17-2002, 06:35 AM   #3
jchamb
Club Member

Interesting reviews. I'm looking forward to finding out about what this is.
Old 04-17-2002, 02:39 PM   #4
jojoscigars
Club Member

ok here it is it was a 5 vegas double corona

Life is like a cigar, It starts out fine,Gets a little crazy in the middle and ends with a mystrey.
Old 04-17-2002, 04:05 PM   #5
grinnin
Club Member

Curiouser and curioser. I guess I got a flavorful one!

Forgotten, but not Gone!
grinnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 05:35 PM   #6
emind56
Club Member

I am impressed, that is considering it was a 5 Vegas
emind56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 07:25 PM   #7
charlieb
Club Member

Thanks for the review!