Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2006, 02:57 PM   #1
ConMan
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Arturo Fuente Don Carlos No. 3

This cigar is of impeccable construction. Very well made typical of an A.F. product. Thin veining and a flawless wrapper. Cigar was smooth to the touch and has no imperfections from a filler standpoint. Very well made.

There was very little prelight draw from this cigar other than some hints of cedar that would get much stronger after the stick match ignited the foot. Cedar is the prevailing flavor throughout this stick. Midway through the cigar picks up some sweetness that complements the cedar very well, but it doesn't last very well. The last third is all Cedar and spice, with spice picking up steam toward the end. Perhaps spice is not an accurate description, but more of a twang. At the nub some floral sweetness resurrected itself and it was a pleasant surprise.

Burn was flawless throughout with a white/light grey ash that dropped three times during the smoke. An excellent burner.

Overall this is a very good cigar. One I smoked past the band to the nub. Its just not a barn burner. For the price, I just want a little more complexity. Its also a mild cigar to me with a medium finish. I won't go out of my way to fill my humi with them but it is a decent stick.
ConMan is offline   Reply With Quote