Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2006, 07:37 PM   #1
N99
Herf Meister

Camacho Negro Robusto Larga

Just smoked one of these OTT. Great looking cigar, with a nice barnyard aroma, very dark and tasty looking. Box pressed, but not excessively so.

Pre light draw is excellent. First few puffs are surprising, as I was expecting lots of pepper and maduro flavors. What I got was lots of deep espresso flavors with hints of spice, with no maduro sweetness.

The espresso and coffee flavors persisted through the first two inches, and mellowed a bit, with just a hint of sweetness.

The last two inches smoked had that espresso undertone with some dark chocolate and sweetness mixed in.

Burn was very straight, no problems at all, ash was firm and held on a long time, top notch construction. Med- full bodied, with a nic. buzz about halfway through, but never made me sick. Overall, I would rate it a solid 9.4 out of 10.

I am looking forward to what 6 months to a year does to this smoke...if they last that long.
N99 is offline   Reply With Quote