Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2006, 08:19 AM   #1
jaroth28
Herf Meister

Aristoff Black Lonsdale (glass tube)

Aristoff Black Carasquilo (glass tube) 6 1/2 x 43

I got a handful of these in a Secret Santa exchange about a year ago and finally decided to light one up. (I tend to hoard tubed cigars for some reason! ) I don't smoke enough of this size so I figured it was time to spark it up!

Anywho, upon removing the cigar from its glass tube, I found that the band slid up and down on the cigar, indicating to me that it perhaps had a decent amount of time on it. The appearance was really nice, an earthy medium brown color with a slightly rough texture that just begged to be smoked. The pre-light aroma filled my nostrils and spoke of full flavored taste to come!

This cigar lit easily, a feature that I love in a cigar. I don't like to spend 5 minutes getting my stick going. Draw was tighter that I prefer, but still allowed for plenty of smoke. And the burn was sharp as a razor all the way down, with no touch-ups needed at all. I left the cigar twice to go to the bathroom, and did not even have to relight. This is how all cigars should smoke.

Of course, construction means little if the cigar doen't taste good. Fortunately, that was not the case here! While it didn't blow me away, I did enjoy it quite a bit. More medium than full-flavored (which is actually what I prefer), this cigar had some nice spice and peppery flavors. I look forward to smoking another.
kind."

-Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest
jaroth28 is offline   Reply With Quote