Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Old 01-25-2002, 05:11 PM   #1
Pharmr

this has been a hit and miss brand for me...nice looking Honduran cigar, with a maduro wrapper that had quite a bit of tooth to it...about 5.5 x 45 or so, nicely rolled, no soft spots, and a nice looking cap...clipped and lit easily, and although the draw was on the easy side it wasn't to bad...had some woody/leathery flavors to it...the problem was it just refused to produce ample amounts of smoke...I tried to get it going, but it wouldnt give...after a couple of inches I tossed it in frustration....I've had others from this line that were med in body, and very flavorful...this was just was off...*** on the Pharmr Scale.

Þharmr£
Old 01-25-2002, 05:17 PM   #2
Hendrix
Club Member

I just picked-up a box of these and I LOVE them!!!They have a nice spicy,complex taste..that is very rich!

I think maybe they need to be dried-out as JR's keeps them way too-moist.That might clear up any draw,smoke volume,burn problems!

September 11,2001..GOD BLESS US
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 08:38 PM   #3
Jimdandee

Not my cup o tea at all...
Old 01-27-2002, 11:02 AM   #4
grinnin
Club Member

All of reyes cigars have been hit or miss for me too! boxes of CA, puros indios and Roly have had cigars from sublime to mediocre enough to toss mid smoke all in the same box. It's too bad, cause the ones in any given box that are good are really good! Just wish they had better consistancy...especially regarding the draw!

Forgotten, but not Gone!
grinnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 02:13 PM   #5
bigbear

Thank you for your review.

www.bigbearworks.com

"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." -- Groucho Marx
bigbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 01:20 PM   #6
elzorro1955

Not bad for the price, but I have to agree with Grinnin about quality control issues. I have had to toss more Puros Indios and Cuba Aliados than any other brands. This is including the Flor de Olive Natural wrapper bundle Torps I smoke on a regular basis and they taste very good and are a lot less expensive.