Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2013, 06:10 AM   #1
spiridon
Herf God

My Father El Centurion

I have been intending to try one of these for a while now, finally picked up a couple of the Toros while in Atlanta last week.
This is one nice looking stick! The wrapper is fairly dark and oily and a bit toothy, I believe I was told it's a Nic Sun Grown Criollo. Nice pre-light aroma to this cigar, and while giving the usual "squeeze" test it appears to be a solid fill with just the right amount of "give".
This was my third cigar of the day while watching the college football games this past weekend and I was looking forward to lighting it up.
Upon lighting I first noticed a nice smooth coffee flavor, mild but somewhat flavorful. As I continued smoking I kept waiting for it to open up a bit more, but never did. The burn was nice and even, the ash was solid and sort of a mottled grey, not flaky at all, the draw was nice and easy........seemingly a well constructed cigar. The flavor and strength remained constant throughout without much change or complexity. As I neared the nub of this cigar I noticed no bitterness nor did it become harsh. Overall a pretty nice smoke, but one that left me "hanging" so to speak. I may have set the bar too high for this cigar with my preconceptions before lighting up. I was expecting a med/full experience with a good bit of spice, this cigar was medium without much in the way of spice. The other thing that probably contributed to my disappointment was that this was my 3rd cigar of the day which certainly dulled my taste buds somewhat. Overall this was a nice cigar, just not what I was expecting. I think I'll be sure to smoke my next El Centurion as my first cigar of the day and see how it holds up......if I see a big difference I'll let ya know.