Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2011, 06:00 PM   #1
bsk
Club Member

El Rey del Mundo Robusto Large

El Rey del Mundo Robusto Larga
(Honduras)

Box Date: 21 JUL 1998

I bought these cigars many, many moons ago. I've smoked a few over the years but I still have more than half the box. They've been properly stored in one of my main 56 qt coolers all this time. Thought it was time to give another a try.

These come in a white tissue wrapper. However, the tissue on these are no longer white, but now a very light yellowish-brown. The cigar itself was rock solid, no give whatsoever, but the draw was perfect. The maduro wrapper was oily and leathery looking, a beautiful deep brown (almost black). I thought the 12 plus years would give the wrapper a washed-out appearance but that was not the case.

The light was easy and the cigar burnt perfectly straight all the way producing lots of thick smoke. The flavor was a hearty, full, toasty straight tobacco flavor cigar. I thought all that time would temper, perhaps even mute, the character of this cigar but that was certainly not the case. As the cigar burned down the oils would ooze out of the the wrapper just ahead of the burn. The flavor profile never really changed much other than to intensify just a bit as it burnt towards the end. The smoke was smooth, satisfying and delicious all the way to the nub.

To be honest, I was totally surprised how the tobacco held its' character even after all these years. A testament to the quality of the leaf used to produce this fine product. These are flat-out a true cigar smokers smoke. Thank you Mr. Llaneza.

Lets see how these baby's smoke after 25 years...

Last edited by bsk; 05-29-2011 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Fix typos
bsk is offline   Reply With Quote