Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2011, 03:09 AM   #1
scott1966
Herf Meister

My Father Le Bijou Special Edition Corona Review

My Father Le Bijou Special Edition Corona - 5 5/8 X 46. Wrapper - Double Oscuro Nicaraguan Habano, Binder - Nicaragua, Filler - Nicaragua. Full bodied. Rolling team 2. Only 300 signed and numbered boxes were made exclusively for Puff 'N' Stuff Cigars. Blended by Jaime Garcia and owner Alan Tybor.

Initial taste - Dry cedar and spice.

First third - Strong spiciness, leather, some woodiness and notes of raisin.

Second third - The cigar really opens up with flavors of spice, citrus, leather, chocolate and a raisin fruitiness. Very nicely balanced.

Last third - Spiciness continues with the tangy citrus leather, chocolate and the raisin fruitiness. Very long wonderful finish of spice citrus leather and chocolate. This finish lasted a long time.

Construction was excellent - gorgeous silky-brown, smooth wrapper. This has to be the thickest and strongest wrapper that I have seen on any My Father/Pepin Garcia cigar. Burn was sharp producing a light gray solid ash that held on. Draw was perfect with plenty of billowing smoke.

A fantastic smoke bursting with robust flavors. Complexity and balance was superb especially for such a full bodied smoke. If you like the regular My Father Le Bijou line, you will love these - think of it as a Le Bijou on steroids. MSRP is $190.00 for a box of 23 or $47.00 for a 5 pack which is a very good value for such an exceptional cigar. You can get them at Puff 'N' Stuff Cigars website or by calling 1-770-908-9388. Definitely a top ten for 2011 nominee for my blogs - great job Jaime and Alan!

Picture and review also at The Long Island Examiner
scott1966 is offline   Reply With Quote