Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2011, 09:27 AM   #1
Smokestack Jack
Herf God

I went into my local cigar shop the other day...

...just to purchase a cigar or two. I wanted to spend about 6 or 7 bucks. I found a Nick's stick. "Ah, that's what I want", I said to myself. "$4.25, that's good." As I walked back to the counter, the owner, Gary was there opening a UPS shipment. He noticed the Nick's in my hand. "Have you tried the maduro yet?", he asked. "No, I haven't. I didn't see any in the humidor", I quipped. "Here ya go, try these. Hey George, don't charge him for the Nick's maduros, they're on me!", he said to George the manager. I thanked him and proceeded to pay for my other cigars when Gary opened still another UPS box and laid 3 boxes of Lot 23's on the counter. "Hey, I'll take a couple of those cigars if you are going to open the box", I exclaimed excitedly. George then said, "why don't you just buy a whole box you cheap bastard!" I said, "If the price was closer to internet prices, I might consider it!" Well, to make a long story short, I walked out of the cigar shop with 2 Nick's maduro freebies, two more Nick's, and a box of Lot 23 maduros.

Cost, about 95 bucks!
The look on my face, priceless!