Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Old 07-26-2017, 07:44 AM   #141
H311oLHD
Herf Meister

I would second Ethiopia. Drinking some right now from a small roaster out of Seattle.
Rest In Peace Cubano.
Charter Member, MCLC
“Making others green with envy”™
H311oLHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:06 AM   #142
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

you might want to try Halfwit, Metropolis, Ipsento, or Dark Matters which are all local to Chicago. They all also rotate their stock so you always get fresh coffee.

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:02 PM   #143
Bobbystbob
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsauce13 View Post
I'm roasting green beans for the first time. I'm looking for coffee that can be dark roasted, as little brightness as possible, smooth, velvet. Looking for help on region, brands, suggestions.

Any thoughts?
Sweet Maria's French Roast Blend. I've been getting very good response from my dark roast drinkers (Ronin)
Also anything from them with the FC+ to Vienna range, there are quite a few and their descriptions are very helpful, too.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:04 PM   #144
Bobbystbob
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Smoke View Post
I've been out of the coffee roasting scene for a few years. What's good in Green Beans now? Looking to get back in, but need a place to start with beans.
I'm still using my old I-Roast 2, but it served me well then, I see no reason why it won't now. Just need beans. Any tips or recommendations? What are you guys drinking?
Sweet Maria's has some SPECTACULAR dry processed Ethiopians right now...if that's your cup of tea
Old 02-25-2018, 01:12 PM   #145
ronin
The Duke
Herf God

Anyone use a Gene roaster? Thoughts?

Last edited by ronin; 02-25-2018 at 04:44 PM.
ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 01:07 PM   #146
Big Smoke
Club Member

What are the latest recommendations in green beans from either CBC or Sweet Maria's? I'm looking at the Kenyan Peaberry, but I'm just getting back into roasting coffee. I'm not sure what's good, anymore.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." ~ Ronaldus Magnus
Big Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 08:17 PM   #147
macsauce13
Club Member

I buy almost exclusively Brazilian dry processed. Both my wife and I love the flavor of Brazilians. Caramel, nuts, chocolate. I roast everything to a medium+ these days and everything comes from Sweet Maria’s.
macsauce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 12:56 PM   #148
gumby
Contributing Editor
MOM November 2012 Emeritus
Honorary MOM November 2021
Herf God

I've been loving Hawaain coffee from Kauai, but it is pricey.
I'm always looking for that golden nectar of a blueberry profile, but haven't found it in some time.

Thomas Jefferson
gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 01:10 PM   #149
Big Smoke
Club Member

I can't afford Hawaiian, so maybe I'll try the Brazilian.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." ~ Ronaldus Magnus
Big Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 06:02 AM   #150
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Smoke View Post
What are the latest recommendations in green beans from either CBC or Sweet Maria's? I'm looking at the Kenyan Peaberry, but I'm just getting back into roasting coffee. I'm not sure what's good, anymore.

It's a pleasure to see your handle around these parts again.
I have not been roasting all that much over the last ten years, but I do have a fair amount of beans. The "bean scene" (I despise the use of the word scene, normally) is as it ever was. Enjoy those you have enjoyed before, but be willing to give something else a shot. I have been roasting Kona, bought a few small bags from CBC, to gift my son and daughter-in-law as they went to Hawai'i on their honeymoon five years ago.

I keep Tanzanian Peaberry, Uganda Mount Elgon, and some Guatemalan.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

Last edited by TommyBB; 07-14-2023 at 06:13 AM.
TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote