Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 11-03-2016, 11:39 AM   #1
lawnmowerman43
Starting Member

Best Machine Mades

I been searching though the threads haven't found anything that I was looking for, I travel quite often between Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas, Mississippi and Tennessee. Most of the time I would love to have a nice hand rolled cigar from my humidor, while i travel, but I don't have that luxury in my Ram 1500. My question is when you pull in the gas station that has the normal run of the mill machine made cigars what do you grab or do you just get the gas station burrito with nacho cheese in the pump and keep trucking.

ME: Usually I will grab a pack of the light brown backwoods if they have them, if not chicken on the stick and a dr pepper
lawnmowerman43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 11:41 AM   #2
b0rderman
Club Member

If no one chimes in, you may just have volunteered yourself for a bit of testing...

I'd be curious to know if any standout above the rest.
b0rderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 11:47 AM   #3
lawnmowerman43
Starting Member

Some times I have tried the Black and Mild by middletons, but they seem to be a lot better back when I was in high school
lawnmowerman43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 04:08 PM   #4
Danno114
Club Member

My brother inlaw smokes Parodi and Munimaker machine made cigars. Not too bad in a pinch
Danno114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 06:51 PM   #5
Catdeddy
Herf Meister

No offense--just asking--but why can you smoke those, but not premiums from home?

I ALWAYS travel with cigars from home. Planes, trains, and automobiles.

And I always look for shops in my travels. (And might be of assistance depending on your route/destination.)

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, Tijuana Smalls was a good buy, along with El Producto Escepcionals, Robert Burns Black Watch, Garcia y Vega Tubos. But now, they seem to cater to the flavored blunts at gas stations and truck stops. If you have to have that stuff, Walgreens used to be a good bet with a decent selection. But many drug stores are getting away from that.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:41 PM   #6
Briandg
CW Squirrel Wrangler
Herf God

I don't think that anything but the AyC, GyV, dutch masters lines would be worth smoking, and that means the real cigars, not the flavored stuff. You may not find anything in this area other than DM. IMO, out of all of the things that i would expect to find in a small store, the tubed Garcia Vega english corona would be it. Natural leaf wrapper and a good size. They are a whole lot better than a lot of the mixed filler things that you can buy in bundles.

I suspect that you should try to get a travel humidor, or look into getting tubed cigars for the road. Glass tubes are far better, IMO, they may break when dropped or dinked, but an aluminum one can be crushed with just your fingers.
Briandg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 05:11 PM   #7
dz130
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno114 View Post
My brother inlaw smokes Parodi and Munimaker machine made cigars. Not too bad in a pinch
And Backwoods. Have always enjoyed the plain.

Try some drug stores when you are travelling. I know that I have seen a lot of the single humi-bagged types available of some of the decent brands.

Finally out of the sandbox.

If I say Corona, I ain't talking beer.

RIP Ed Toner
dz130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 08:47 AM   #8
Poohdvm
Club Member

I like the Parodi and Denobili Italian cherrots. You can get them at most cigar stores. These are dry cured so keeping them in the truck won't hurt them.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:50 AM   #9
Sancho Panza
Floridays
Herf God

Best machine mades are Cuban!

William Faulkner, Intruder in the Dust 1948
Sancho Panza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 10:47 AM   #10
dz130
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohdvm View Post
I like the Parodi and Denobili Italian cherrots. You can get them at most cigar stores. These are dry cured so keeping them in the truck won't hurt them.
I forgot about those!

There used to be a shop near me that sold those, along with Muniemakers, and a bunch of other real old school things. I think it also was a front for a bookie joint, but hey, it was a cool, old-fashioned shop out of the movie "Smoke."

Finally out of the sandbox.

If I say Corona, I ain't talking beer.

RIP Ed Toner
dz130 is offline   Reply With Quote