Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2007, 03:27 PM   #1
Bobbystbob
Club Member

Once in a lifetime cigar!

Smoked a cigar last night I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to try. A VR farmie, Double Corona size, rolled by the Don himself in 1997
Recieved this cigar from a very dear friend who was at Vegas Robania in 97 and was with Don A when he rolled them.
Obviously rolled with out a mold, the cigar had a slight curve and an unfinished foot. Somewhat rough wrapper of medium brown. The cigar felt a little light in the hand.
Clipped nice with the V-cutter, the draw was a little easy. Good light and the smoke volume was good also.
Very smooth, some sweetness on the tounge. Leathery, rich tobacco flavor.
As I puffed away, I was amazed at how the cigar burned, perfect but very slowly. It seemed to take forever for the cigar to burn down. With the weight and easy draw, I was afraid it would burn up very quickly, the opposite was true.
The cigar was fairly one dimensional, stayed very smooth, the sweetness seemed to come and go and the main leathery tobacco flavor stayed constant.
I don't know exactly how long it took to smoke, a good long time though and I smoked it right to the nub, burning my fingers. I don't believe I've ever done this with a DC sized cigar before.
All in all, a fantastic, once in a lifetime experience. I cherish the fact that I got to smoke this cigar, rolled by one of the greatest cigar growers of all time from tobacco grown by him at Vegas Robainia, and 10 years old, too.
I want to thank Aficionado99 for sending me this cigar, actually, he sent 3 and I shared the other 2 with friends. Pierre, I'll NEVER forget this, thank you so much And I might add, your time WILL come
I love ya, bro. Thank you again.
Bobbystbob is offline   Reply With Quote