Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2007, 08:19 AM   #1
The JD
Herf Meister

Davidoff Limited Edition 2007

To start, I'll just say I really wished I tried this cigar after eating a meal and maybe with some scotch or bourbon to really help open it up, but unfortunately I didn't. I'm hoping to get my hands on another and have another go at it for a more fair assessment, but in any case, here it is.

Solid construction and an amazing smell to the cigar. It took flame nicely and burned evenly the whole way through out. The cigar's taste is strong and full flavored. I don't mean knock-you-off-your-feet strong but the actual taste was very profound on my tongue, something I haven't really gotten much of on other cigars. Most other cigars smoke a lot smoother, however this strength wasn't a bad thing. The cigar was very earthy and tasted of dirt, once again, not in a bad way. It tasted like it had a lot of age on it which was very pleasant. However my biggest disappointment was that is was just one demensional and the only tastes I picked up was earth and dirt. No spice, not even leather, just dirt. For the price of this cigar, for me, it just wasn't worth it although I'm willing to give it another shot. It had a real sense of being a pure tobacco cigar almost like an "old school" smoke with no complexity. I'd give it a number rating but I have a feeling this smoke deserves another shot so I'll hold off until I smoke another.
The JD is offline   Reply With Quote