Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2008, 03:27 PM   #1
CSMAnderson
Herf God

Reyes Classic

The Reyes Classic is a new blend from the Reyes family. It was just released during the last month or so it should start showing up on shelfs soon.

Prelight - This cigar is the torpedo in a 6x58 size. The sumatra wrapper is a light brown and toothy with few veins. The prelight draw gave a rich tobacco taste and I thought to myself this is going to be a good cigar.

Ash & Burn - The ash is a dirty gray and solid. I let it get to two inches before I tapped it off. The burn is good but not razor sharp and did not cause any problems or relights.

The Experience - So far through he first inch I have noticed a rich earthiness and leather. taste. There is no harshness but there is a little bite to the tongue. This cigar is medium bodied with an abundance of flavor. There is another flavor I have noticed but I can't determine what it is. The flavor at the half way point has intensified and has more depth to it, making this an enjoyable experience. The flavor profile has stayed consistent throughout the cigar.

Conclusion - This is a really good medium bodied cigar. The flavor profile of leather, nuts and earthiness stays consistent throughout the cigar. I haven't seen these in NH yet but I will start a web search so I can buy a box of these. Comparing to the other Reyes cigars, this cigar is a richer and fuller tasting cigar. I'd recommend this to those of you who want a rich, smooth, medium bodied cigar without the harshness. Recommend you try one of these.
CSMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote