Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Old 07-02-2005, 08:24 AM   #1
mfcohiba

Triple Ligero X3 by K. Hansotia, Newbie Review

This is definitely a great looking cigar. A deep chocolate brown toro listed at 6.1 X 52, with a striking gold on black band. Cedar wrap comes off to uncover the whole toothy maduro wrapper, which is a bit lumpy but attractive and oily nonetheless. Cedar dominates the pre-light aroma, which is an extremely fragrant combination with the tobaccos in this stick.

The foot reveals a nice core of black tobacco. Snipping the head showed what looked like a too-tight roll and indeed the draw was very firm. Not unexpected as this is only the third day after the cigar was received out of shipment, and it hasn't had time to settle in. Some burn problems were evident, but as of now I will chalk that up to smoking it too soon. You can't wait once you see it though.

And the taste....well, the power is there. The first puffs are nearly identical to me as JdN Antano, that unmistakable ligero bite. Then it blooms out into an umbrella of dark flavor that intensifies, wanes, and strengthens again. The ligero flavor is expanded on by dark, sweet spice and cedar. The finish is long and deep. The buzz is supreme.

I smoked this cigar to halfway, when burn problems cut the party short. I am eagerly awaiting my next one, which I will try in 2 weeks.
Old 07-02-2005, 01:36 PM   #2
MM

Thanks for the review! Yes, the temptation to give a newly arrived box a go is irresistible ... no doubt some sleep time will improve the experience.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:47 PM   #3
sillyrib
Club Member

Ligero leaf is known for its burn problems right? If so, do you think that age will correct for this? I do want to try one of these though. Thanks for the review and look forward to the update.
sillyrib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 06:06 AM   #4
TheSaint
Club Member

Very good review, I've heard about these and now I can't wait to get my hands on some!
-The Saint
TheSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 05:11 PM   #5
mfcohiba

update

Smoked another one tonight. The burn was much better at this point but still a little lopsided. But no relights needed this time.

The ash is flaky but not so much as before. Draw on this one was spot-on. Flavor was good as before but curiously it seemed to lose most of its flavor just past half-way. Maybe my tastebuds burned out. It has a nice sweet undertone balanced by some power/very slight bitterness. Then it fell flat.

I will wait a month to smoke another and see what happens.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:05 PM   #6
swchurchillfan

Re: Triple Ligero X3 by K. Hansotia, Newbie Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfcohiba
This is definitely a great looking cigar. A deep chocolate brown toro listed at 6.1 X 52, with a striking gold on black band. Cedar wrap comes off to uncover the whole toothy maduro wrapper, which is a bit lumpy but attractive and oily nonetheless. Cedar dominates the pre-light aroma, which is an extremely fragrant combination with the tobaccos in this stick.

The foot reveals a nice core of black tobacco. Snipping the head showed what looked like a too-tight roll and indeed the draw was very firm. Not unexpected as this is only the third day after the cigar was received out of shipment, and it hasn't had time to settle in. Some burn problems were evident, but as of now I will chalk that up to smoking it too soon. You can't wait once you see it though.

And the taste....well, the power is there. The first puffs are nearly identical to me as JdN Antano, that unmistakable ligero bite. Then it blooms out into an umbrella of dark flavor that intensifies, wanes, and strengthens again. The ligero flavor is expanded on by dark, sweet spice and cedar. The finish is long and deep. The buzz is supreme.

I smoked this cigar to halfway, when burn problems cut the party short. I am eagerly awaiting my next one, which I will try in 2 weeks.
good review thanks
"Arm yourselves, and be ye men of valour, and be in readiness for the conflict; for it is better for us to perish in battle than to look upon the outrage of our nation and our altar." May 19, 1940, London.
swchurchillfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:32 PM   #7
CIGAR-AL

I just had one of these the other day out of the 5er that I got from CBID. I quite enjoyed it. Nice flavor. Was not as strong as I thought it would be though. It also burned very well which was something I was worried about. Don't know if I'd go out and buy a box but still overall I was pleased.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...K/DSC01369.jpg
CIGAR-AL is offline   Reply With Quote