Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2018, 08:33 AM   #1
jefslat
CW WarCraft God
CW Special Correspondent
Editor at Large
Predominant CW Ambassador
Herf God

Black Works Studio Serpent and Rainbow

The newest offering from James Brown’s Oveda Negra is the Black Works Studio Serpent and Rainbow. It comes in two sizes, the Corona Gorda and the Lancero. I’ll bet you can guess which size I am reviewing.

The medium brown wrapper is very smooth and has aromas of sweet tobacco with stronger aromas from the foot. The cap is a modified pigtail. Tonight’s beverage is a Deschutes Black Butte Porter.

The cigar starts off mellow but with a bit of a kick. Sweetness is evident with a light white pepper note in the retrohale. As the cigar progresses the strength builds to what I would expect from the Black Works Studio. A bit of anise begins to build. Not as much anise as the Green Hornet, but definitely a presence.

During the second third some almond notes pick up to add to the complexity. Some pepper notes are appearing on the palate as well. Along with excellent construction the complexity is very solid. The anise is picking up nicely on the palate.

This is a medium bodied smoke with lots of complex flavors. The medium tobacco is moving back to the forefront while not muting the other flavors.

Approaching the final inch the tobacco and anise are blending nicely. The pepper notes in the retrohale are all but gone now. I am going to give it 9/0. Joe Bob says check it out.

El perro, el perro, es mi corazon.
El gato, el gato, el gato no es bueno.
El Jefe es cantante,
El Jefe es muy famoso
El Jefe es el hombre con el queso del diablo.

El perro, el perro, nunca sin raison
El gato, el gato, el gato es obseno
El Jefe es caliente, El Jefe es carinoso
El Jefe le da besos mejor que su esposo

What Would TOJE Do? Þ £

Last edited by jefslat; 02-26-2018 at 08:06 AM.
jefslat is offline   Reply With Quote