Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2002, 09:26 AM   #1
Stonewall
Club Member

Some of you may have seen me say that I am a huge fan of the CAO line. I love the maduros, cameroons, and Extremes. Haven't smoked one I didn't like. Until yesterday. I was traveling back home from a business trip and lit up a CAO Brazilia Gol. This is the little 5 x 56 robusto. The cigar looked perfect, firm and smooth. The draw was perfect with a long, firm grey/white ash. I think it was the best construction of a cigar I have seen yet. Burn was perfect, even from the light to the toss. The only thing missing was the taste. The first third really had no taste. I kept waiting for something to happen. Finally, about half way down I found a little spice, but very little. I was hopeful that maybe it was about to wake up. But, sadly, no. The last third of the fat little robusto was only a nasty metallic taste, but I didn't give up on it and smoke it to the end. Not one enjoyable puff in the entire cigar. Popped in a piece of Juicy Fruit gum to alleviate the metallic taste it left me with. I know a lot of people really like this cigar, but it was a huge disappointment for me. My next experiment will be the CAO Odyssey....I'll let you know how it goes.

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards."