Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2016, 03:58 PM   #1
mike s
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Cigar rolling class

Wow what a great time at this cigar rolling event! There were 3 groups of five people from all walks of lives (ladies, younger cigar enthusiasts, seasoned smokers, heck some people even drove a few hours from other towns to attend!). We all had one thing in common....the love of the leaf. Everyone got to know each other quickly while smoking, talking about our favorite cigars and sizes.

Each group got to roll 2 cigars a piece at each rolling station. There were three different cigar stations with different sizes to roll (corona, robusto, and a toro) and each had a different wrapper with the binder and filler being the same. At each rolling table there was a professional cigar roller helping you along the way. They started by rolling one, going through all of the steps while we watched. Then it was our turn. What I thought was cool was how each of the rollers had their own tequnique for bunching, removing the veins, and for applying the final wrapper and triple cap. But the end product was all the same....and awesome cigar that we got to make from start to finish.

Totally would do this again! It was a ton of fun and very informative. At the end of the day I left with 10 cigars. 6 I made. 2 they rolled using an old cigar mold my Dad picked up for me. And 2 I bought via buy one get one from their walk in humidor.

Thanks Jeff at Bobalus Cigars for hosting the wonderful event.

http://www.bobalu.com

And here's the money shot....lol. I bunched and wrapped all of these except for the bottom left two. Those were from the mold I brought in.

mike s is online now   Reply With Quote