Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2002, 07:57 PM   #1
gumby
Contributing Editor
MOM November 2012 Emeritus
Honorary MOM November 2021
Herf God

This may end up getting moved to the boxpass room, but I wanted it to reach the widest possible audience. For those that may not know, the first boxpass that I ever initiated was stopped dead in its tracks when one member of the pass kept the box under questionable circumstances. In the boxpass were probably over 80 premium cigars, including a lot of aged ISOM's. My faith in both boxpasses and trading was ruined after years of doing both.
But rather than that beng the end of the story, several members of CW take it upon themselves to donate cigars to resurrect the pass. Dan had the idea and I thank you sir for that. Metsfan organized the pass, collected all of the cigars from the "volunteers", and started up the pass again.
Well, today it landed on my doorstep. Inside I found over 100 super premiumcigars.
Words cannot express the feelings I have for the generousity, kinridship, friendliness, and brotherhood I feel for people that I have not even met in person.
I cannot begin to explain how overwhelmed I am. At this point I could not even tell you what cigars were lost when my boxpass was stolen. The selfish deed of one individual pales in comparison to the incredible act that was conducted in its wake.
For those who contributed, I cannot begin to thank you enough. For those in the resurrected pass, thank you for your contributions. You guys are absolutely the best. I am in total awe and gratitude.

"The Texans were my best soldiers. Not once did I see their backs in battle" Robert E. Lee

Thomas Jefferson
gumby is offline   Reply With Quote