Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2007, 10:31 PM   #1
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

La Carolina

I go back a long way with this cigar.
I have to admit, the old Cupido logo caught my eye ten years ago when I first started reading cA, Smoke and all the guidebooks. I saw it got great reviews, and whenever we'd go to the French Quarter I'd grab one from the only shop in New Orleans that sold them.

Once I joined CW, quite a few people included them in bombs, and prize packs for me.

I was disappointed to see them go, but I was heartened that Cuban Crafters purchased the blend. So I had a few a couple years ago and enjoyed them. The last time I had one, it was on September 7th, 2005. It's the only cigar I've ever smoked inside my house. Power had not been restored yet, after Katrina, but we were allowed in during daylight hours, so we drove in to check our home, get more clothes, and clean up a bit.

We began to clean out the refrigerator which had also been off since August 29th. We had no other recourse to beat the stench, so K. says....."Light a cigar, PLEASE." It helped a bit, as we carried all this rotted food out to the curb.

Had my last one tonight, it has at least two years of age on it. It wasn't as earthy as I remember the Cupidos, but damn if it wasn't really good. I don't normally smoke Churchills, but I had it out to smoke, so I did. The flavor was rather complex, with a fruity note here and there, but not overwhelming. Well, I took the band off, and all of a sudden, after an hour and a half, this thing is kicking my ass.

I'm getting an itch to buy a box or two of cigars, but money's tight. I had some other things on my list to purchase first (Lot 23, Perdomo Habano) among them. Now, I think these are going to challenge for a spot on the list.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote