Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2002, 10:31 PM   #1
JinE

The Cigar: Burt Reynolds, Unknown Vitola
Grade: D+ (Pawn it off on your friends, or better yet your enemies)

http://www.mindspring.com/~jine/BurtReynolds.jpg

This was another cigar I was given in a trade with PMF. This makes you wonder if I’m on PMF’s good side of bad side!?!?

The Burt Reynolds is aptly named. This cigar is wrapped in a wonderful brown “cameroon fragile” wrapper in a shade of brown that is very reminiscent of color of Burt’s toupee he used to wear during the boom years. The cigar has developed an odd waxy feel; much like wax statue appearance Burt has gained the past few years (with the misshapen tight skin and layers of Tammy Fay make-up). Though not as veiny as the Bad Frog/ My grandmother’s stump leg, it the wrapper does have an appearance of the varicose veins on my mom’s legs. All in all it is well constructed, though the tracing-paper thin wrapper is one of the most fragile I have ever handled.

With the B.R. I decided again to put away my port and bring out another New Years leftover… a wonderful can of Busch Beer (A proud sponsor of the 2002 Winter Olympic games).

I was quite surprised to find that there was absolutely no pre-light aroma. I went so far as to insert foot of the cigar up my left nostril attempting to get a whiff of fragrance, but alas my efforts were in vain. I toasted the foot and was blessed with a lovely aroma of burnt mucus and nose hair (though I do not blame this on the cigar). The draw was spot on… not to tight or not too loose. I was gifted with thick billowing clouds of smoke… perfect for making smoke rings. The initial taste was actually quite a surprise, very reminiscent of a La Finka Valentino (a cigar I consider “Not Bad”). I think this Burt Reynolds was a bastard child of LaFinca and Macanoodle. After 10 minutes a lingering aftertaste of, well it’s hard to describe, but the taste is very similar to the smell of a freshly opened band-aid package. I popped the top on the Busch Beer in a fruitless attempt of washing the medicinal taste away. Even the Putrid taste of Busch Beer could not wash away this taste only Johnson & Johnson could love. I continued to sample the Busch beer and blow smoke rings while drooling over my herfing partner’s maduro Punch Rothschild. All the while we we making plans on sneaking up to Burlington... we will strip out cloths and run naked through the halls of the world's largest humidor.

Even with the fresh bandage adhesive aftertaste, I nubbed the Burt right down to the toupee. Words cannot express my feelings towards PMF for giving me the opertunity to sample such a… cigar. He actually gave me two of them but I thik I pawned one off on someone else. If you have any in your humi… I suggest you do the same.

-Jin "I'd Still do Loni" E