Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2013, 03:06 PM   #1
gui_tarzan
Herf God

Tatuaje Noella Reserva Corona

This one is my favorite out of the five. I've mentioned in other forums that I've come to enjoy and actually look for more complex, deeper, peppery flavors as of late and this one does not disappoint.

Appearance: Once again, a beautiful dark brown with a very nice sheen and just a few veins. Construction was firm and felt very dense but not hard. There are two small patches on this wrapper which surprised me. One was a small piece of tobacco and the other looks like they may have used cap glue to close a crack near a vein. These are not a big deal to me though, I'm going to smoke it, not display it like a trophy.

Pre-light Aroma: When I removed the cap and got real close I swear I could smell cake. German chocolate cake with a woody sidenote. I detected just a touch of spice as well which made my mouth water.

Cap: Another well done specimen. Nothing special, just a good job.

Pre-light Draw: Again, almost perfect.

Light-up: Wow. A good wow! Rich, dark, leathery, ever so slightly peppery and a long, deep finish. I think I'm in love! There is ample smoke and the flavor stays prominent on the tongue which I like and tickles my nose with pepper. This really woke up my senses of taste and smell in a hurry!

Smoke: Lots of smoke from the get-go and it never drops off.

Burn: Once more, arrow-straight and clean. The slate-grey ash hangs on well.

Flavor: Can you say complex? I think you can! I know I can about this one. There are several different aromas in the first inch of this. To say it's leathery, peaty, spicy and rich would be an understatement and pretty generic but in all honesty each of those flavors come out in a very solid mix. The depth of flavors really picks up in the second half of this gem. As they mix together they almost remind me of a decadent bourbon glaze that has been reduced to a thick sauce just waiting to be drizzled on top of a really good steak. The long finish hangs in there and you can savor it for several moments. The amount of pepper drops off toward the last couple of inches but you can still taste it in the background.

Overall this is a really good cigar with a rich, complex profile. The corona size is perfect for this profile in my opinion, anything bigger would cheat a person out of the amazing Habano wrapper.

The four most dangerous words in the US government: "and for other purposes"

I am an AJ Fernandez ho...
gui_tarzan is offline   Reply With Quote