Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2011, 12:02 PM   #1
DeadmanLiving
Club Member

Tabanero Connecticut Robusto

This is one of two cigars that I got from a local (Ybor City) cigar factory.

The cigar actually has some good heft to it, construction was solid and felt very tight. The wrapper was a wonderful shade of light brown with only a few minor veins. The smell was straight tobacco. Punched the head and took a draw, a little tight for my tastes but I could tell it wouldn’t be a problem. Toasted the foot and kicked back to enjoy.

From the onset you are hit with a rich tobacco flavor with hints of leather but that is the extent of it. I wish I could state that the cigar had a myriad of flavors and that it kept me on my toes but after about thirty minutes I gave up expecting anything new and different, there is nothing complex about this cigar. I will say that I did nub the cigar, it wasn’t unpleasant just not complex. The web site does state that the cigars are fresh rolled so maybe a year or so of sleep would help to bring out some more complex nuances.

Overall the cigar warrants a closer look and I plan on getting a fiver to put down for a year to see if there are any changes. The construction and burn was spot on with the cigar ash fall off on its own after about an inch and a half. Taste and aroma were very pleasant just not complex. Overall the cigar is worth it in my opinion specially if you like fresh rolled. I will do a review of the Sun grown later this week.

Check out my new Blog
DeadmanLiving is offline   Reply With Quote