Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2009, 08:49 AM   #1
SporkD
Club Member

H. Upmann Mag 46! Review from Iraq

On Wednesday at 730 local time it was a nice 49 degrees outside and I wanted to realx. I went searching through the coolador and decided to pick a smoke which I know would be an uplifting experience. I needed to relax and unwind so I went to my old friend the Mag 46'. I sat down outside in my lawn chair with my laptop and prepared to enjoy a cigar I knew I liked.

The construction was flawless, tiny veins running through it. A good looking smoke to say the least. When I took it out of its tubo there was a light dusting of plume so I knew had a little age on it.

The prelight draw was fantastic. It gave me the nuttiness and leather taste right away. Just the right draw too, not too tight, not too loose.

After the first puff and the mouthful of nuttiness I tasted with a slight undertone of good tobacco I knew I was in for a ride. It stayed complex with the most predominant taste being the nut taste. It gave me a mouthful of thick white smoke which I was pleased by

About 1/3 of the way in that flavor started to become the undertone while the leather taste took over. It seemed to change strengths each puff I took. The flavor hung on the back of my tounge which let me enjoy the taste long after I took each puff.

A little farther the strength seemed to even out into a nice medium-full bodied cigar. The two main flavors I tasted settled back in and shared my pallete evenly.

1/2 way through and the cigar is still the same strength. Still a nice medium-full bodied cigar. The complexity is starting to really shine through with a multitude of flavors hitting my tounge at the same time. I can still taste the main two flavors, what I call nuttiness and leather.

I can almost taste a touch of coffee coming in now as it gets just past 1/2 way.

I just had to take off the Mag 46 label which makes me sad because I know this is coming to an end shortly.

Approaching the last third the strength seems to dial down a little but the cuban tobacco flavor is really strong right now. I know I already said this, but I really like the way the taste lingers on the back of my tounge long after my puff is over with.

With a little less then a 1/3 left the strength starts to show me whos boss Still a great complex cigar making my mouth water after every puff.

About an inch left and I just cant put it out, hard to describe the taste because its so strong, but its really good. Still giving me a huge mouthful of smoke with every puff.

Overall: Obviously a great cigar. This was one of my first CC's I ever tried and to this day remains one of my favorite. This cigar had some minor burn issues, but nothing worth touching up. A fantastic cigar! All that counts is this took my mind of work for about an hour, which is worth it!

Thanks for reading, sorry about the rambling, not very good at reviews just yet.

*Pics to be added later