Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2009, 10:15 PM   #1
TomJones
Club Member

Fuente Anejo #55

Quick Review - Fuente Anejo #55

Just put down my 1 year year old son for the evening, and the wife decided to pop in one of her million romantic comedies for the evening.

What better time, than to go out on the porch to light up a Fuente Anejo #55 that a generous BOTL here was willing to sell me a few of @ a price I could never dream of obtaining them for in California.

The Fuente was a beautifully crafted work of art, wrapped in cedar, with a impeccable finish. Absolutely no soft spots, one of the best constructed cigars I've had the pleasure to enjoy in some time.

I went ahead and clipped the head with my trusty Palio and I began to work the foot. Immediately I was greeted with a light cedary flavor, infused with hints of cinnamon and sweet cocoa. Firm ash, that held on easily a 1/3 of the way.

A mild deviation about 1/2 way through, when some subtle coffee tones with a pronounced sweet cocoa flavor continued to bombard my palatte. Very pleasant, however still milder than I was expecting.

The cigar finally started showing a bit of strength near the end, as I noticed a tiny bit of spice. The draw was perfect initially, but did started tightening up a bit near the end.

Conclusion - A excellent cigar with top notch construction. Sweet with some complexity, but milder than I was expecting. All in all, I'd have to give this a nod over a recent Padron '64 I had during CES. Definitely a indulgence I wouldn't mind revisiting.
TomJones is offline   Reply With Quote